Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

Greece Downwind Surfing Summer 2019

Created by dk78 > 9 months ago, 18 Oct 2019
dk78
141 posts
18 Oct 2019 2:54PM
Thumbs Up

Last summer was so much fun. Lots of wind, nice bumps and good times. I picked up some of these moments and made this video for the cold days of the winter ahead.

sudsy
VIC, 75 posts
18 Oct 2019 6:16PM
Thumbs Up

Mate , I reckon that's the best downwind video I've ever seen , bar maybe one other,on this forum years ago in south africa . Well done, well ridden . I used to enjoy Dj's videos too , but seems he has gone to ground lately, hope he is ok .

tarquin1
933 posts
18 Oct 2019 5:06PM
Thumbs Up

Great vid. I learnt so much from watching your and other people's vids when learning( well I'm still learning) to down wind. It's all about foot work. Be behind the handle and surf stance straight away. You make it look so easy.

Gboots
NSW, 1314 posts
18 Oct 2019 8:28PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
dk78 said..
Last summer was so much fun. Lots of wind, nice bumps and good times. I picked up some of these moments and made this video for the cold days of the winter ahead.

Cyclades ?

JEG
VIC, 1469 posts
18 Oct 2019 9:10PM
Thumbs Up

One of the best dw skills and vid for sure dk78. Nice board and paddle and they must sold a few after your vid. What do you think about rail compare to the downtown and vesa versa?

dk78
141 posts
18 Oct 2019 7:12PM
Thumbs Up

Thank you all for the comments.
Gboots these runs are mostly in Attica and Evia Island.

JEG, The Rail is a very good board. Fast, stable and surfs the bumps really well. But the Downtown is amazing. This board can handle excellent all kind of conditions, from 13-15 knots up to gales. It is crazy fast on the bumps, very stable and surfs so damn well. The narrow tail allows me to carve it like a surf sup and helps me experiment on the waves. Also the construction is the best I've ever seen, after a year of almost every day use and it is like new. I love it!

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"Greece Downwind Surfing Summer 2019" started by dk78