Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

Will 7'6 140Ltr Atlantis Bam Bam suit me?

Created by Goody2skis A week ago, 7 Jan 2021
Goody2skis
2 posts
7 Jan 2021 3:50AM
Thumbs Up

Hi. I'm 158cm, 57kg (give or take a few from week to week), female. I surfed a minimal about once a week for 20 years but due to circumstances have not surf for the last 5 years. However, I do a fair bit of flat water SUP on a 9 ft soft board. I want to get back into surfing and was considering an SUP due to shoulder issues that now make paddling traditional surfboard painful. Saw 2nd hand Atlantis 7'6 Bam Bam (140 Ltr) is for sale down the road and wondering if it would work for me. Looks like it's normally bigger blokes that reviewed this board, but I don't want to start too small for my ability which I think with the right board will progress to intermediate quickly then plateau as I probably won't go regularly enough to get advanced. Please tell me your experienced opinions on if that size board sounds suitable?

Jradedmondo
NSW, 626 posts
7 Jan 2021 9:39AM
Thumbs Up

honestly,
the length is probably not to bad for you, but at your height and weight 32 inches wide and 140l is going to be fairly wide and corky for you

have you tried surfing on your 9ft soft board before?

that being said if you can get a good deal on it, just go for it,
or have a look at the buy and sell section here, or browse gumtree etc, you can find some great bargains

Jarryd

Goody2skis
2 posts
7 Jan 2021 7:11AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Jradedmondo said..
honestly,
etc

Jarryd

Thanks heaps, Jarryd!

Gboots
NSW, 1035 posts
7 Jan 2021 10:41AM
Thumbs Up

I think it will feel like an esky lid. A better option at similar length would be an ECS Slab 7.5 at 109L

Gboots
NSW, 1035 posts
7 Jan 2021 9:05PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Goody2skis said..
Hi. I'm 158cm, 57kg (give or take a few from week to week), female. I surfed a minimal about once a week for 20 years but due to circumstances have not surf for the last 5 years. However, I do a fair bit of flat water SUP on a 9 ft soft board. I want to get back into surfing and was considering an SUP due to shoulder issues that now make paddling traditional surfboard painful. Saw 2nd hand Atlantis 7'6 Bam Bam (140 Ltr) is for sale down the road and wondering if it would work for me. Looks like it's normally bigger blokes that reviewed this board, but I don't want to start too small for my ability which I think with the right board will progress to intermediate quickly then plateau as I probably won't go regularly enough to get advanced. Please tell me your experienced opinions on if that size board sounds suitable?

I reckon something around 9ft and 30 wide would be a lot more suitable . Also more of a surf shape . Better glide and easier to turn . Once you get too wide it starts to push water and also less speed going down face which is no good in smaller surf

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"Will 7'6 140Ltr Atlantis Bam Bam suit me?" started by Goody2skis