Forums > Windsurfing   Gps and Speed talk

Lake George 2018-9: The Thread That Had To Happen!

Created by Adriano > 9 months ago, 1 Nov 2018
Adriano
11206 posts
10 Feb 2019 3:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Jezstrt said..
It's unfortunate that Lake George isn't firing this year.. So far

But..

It could make the GPSTC more interesting/exciting this year, when the best sailors in AUS achieve in less ideal conditions.

Yeah look out....I'm watchin' the forecasts.....

sboardcrazy
NSW, 7925 posts
11 Feb 2019 8:50AM
Thumbs Up

Theres plenty of wind.Just the higher water level means there isn't much flatwater

hardie
WA, 4078 posts
11 Feb 2019 6:39AM
Thumbs Up

Can someone pull the plug out for a few days, I'll be back next week on my way home, and request that the water level be more conducive to speed sailing

sailquik
VIC, 6074 posts
11 Feb 2019 11:43AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
sboardcrazy said..
Theres plenty of wind.Just the higher water level means there isn't much flatwater

Fixed it for you: Theres plenty of wind.Just the higher water level means there isn't much superflat water

There is plenty of very flat water if you are prepared to search for it, but not the vast areas there was last season - YET!

sailquik
VIC, 6074 posts
11 Feb 2019 11:45AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
hardie said..
Can someone pull the plug out for a few days, I'll be back next week on my way home, and request that the water level be more conducive to speed sailing

Mate, we have searched everywhere for the plug and just can't find it.
It looks like the SE pattern may be returning around the 19th and 20th.
If there is any way to extend your trip, start negotiating...

hardie
WA, 4078 posts
11 Feb 2019 9:46AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
sailquik said..

hardie said..

Mate, we have searched everywhere for the plug and just can't find it.
It looks like the SE pattern may be returning around the 19th and 20th.
If there is any way to extend your trip, start negotiating...

Aiming for that 19/20th

ka43
NSW, 3063 posts
11 Feb 2019 6:57PM
Thumbs Up

Bloody scary. All the best to Nathan and Wayne. To everyone else, superb job!!

sailquik
VIC, 6074 posts
12 Feb 2019 1:30AM
Thumbs Up

North Westerly wind blew al the water back into the Middle Lake.

Level today back up to -73cm at 3pm.

Boombuster
QLD, 570 posts
12 Feb 2019 4:55PM
Thumbs Up

I measured the high water mark today it was 83cm then drove out to the spit and sailed, there was some flat water weed banks but not much. The drive took about 30min but it's shocking with big rock and pot holes.

sailquik
VIC, 6074 posts
12 Feb 2019 8:59PM
Thumbs Up

The locals keep the track like that to keep the hoardes away.

choco
SA, 4004 posts
13 Feb 2019 4:50AM
Thumbs Up

Forgot to mention when I was sailing at LG there was a beer bottle floating around in the Lake, I tired to go back to grab it but with the gusty conditions couldn't find it in the end.
When leaving I noticed a few people drinking as they came in with their tinny at the boat ramp, so keep your eyes open.

eckas
NSW, 323 posts
18 Feb 2019 1:45PM
Thumbs Up

Helloooo....anybody still there at LG? There's a couple of Illawarra Speedsters doing a cannonball run to LG and potentially looking for a few square metres of floor space to crash on this coming Friday and Saturday night (otherwise, we're off to the campground). Payment in beers or $!!!

nudie
NSW, 227 posts
19 Feb 2019 7:51AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
eckas said..
Helloooo....anybody still there at LG? There's a couple of Illawarra Speedsters doing a cannonball run to LG and potentially looking for a few square metres of floor space to crash on this coming Friday and Saturday night (otherwise, we're off to the campground). Payment in beers or $!!!

Watch out for the SNAKES!! marky mark and the funky bunch

Jetlag
NSW, 168 posts
19 Feb 2019 9:00AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
nudie said..

eckas said..

I won't be sleeping on the ground at Packin Pt, that's for sure !!!

Any update on water level..anyone?...anyone?......Bueller?!!!!!

Boombuster
QLD, 570 posts
19 Feb 2019 8:13AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Jetlag said..

nudie said..

eckas said..

I measured the water at 77cm on Sunday so it was up from my last measurement on Tuesday but with some wind returning it might drop again. I found down in front of the spit the weed bank was bigger yesterday but you need a delta as I got pulled up with my Black Project weedspeed. The rest of the lake is flattish and the weed look healthy but it's not growing to the surface or rising like last year. All are having fun however.

nudie
NSW, 227 posts
19 Feb 2019 9:44AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Jetlag said..

nudie said..

eckas said..

Roof top tent, look at number 38

Water is high and was great to sail in the different wind conditions. The Spit was the flattest in the weed beds and in between the islands as well. The big lake is like a Southerly Buster at Lake Illawarra, swell 3 to 4 foot and at least 1.5 to 2 meters apart it was fun. It is not hot enough to evaporate the water levels for what you are chasing.. But it is achievable Nathan 38's and 39's all day " the animal" I called him foot down and go Champion. Get well asap! It is Lake Illawarra Primbee at its best on a high tide. You both will enjoy it as I did. Fun Fun Fun
It is a great location with great people around to enjoy it with as well.
SO
go and have fun you buggers! Lunch time splash and dash!!!!

AND at night snakes climb ladders

PS, flat water is around you just need to find it, Eckers your KIA will make it to The Spit as well.

eckas
NSW, 323 posts
19 Feb 2019 12:02PM
Thumbs Up

Good to know there's always the spit to fall back upon, but we're hoping that two days of ballistic sou'easters will push some substantial volumes of water out of the middle lake and into the big lake, dropping the water level around the 5 mile weed beds to optimum, smooth, glassy goodness!

sboardcrazy
NSW, 7925 posts
19 Feb 2019 12:13PM
Thumbs Up

Watch out for the snakes at the spit.. After being told there were heaps of snakes and not seeing any in 3 trips I saw one when I walked out to the Spit...wasn't that big and it was moving fast but luckily it was trying to get away from me..

sailquik
VIC, 6074 posts
19 Feb 2019 12:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
eckas said..
Good to know there's always the spit to fall back upon, but we're hoping that two days of ballistic sou'easters will push some substantial volumes of water out of the middle lake and into the big lake, dropping the water level around the 5 mile weed beds to optimum, smooth, glassy goodness!

Arent we all!

Looking back at my sessions from last year, some of my best were in early March, so plenty of time left yet.

kato
VIC, 3347 posts
19 Feb 2019 12:38PM
Thumbs Up

Don't worry about the bloody water!!! There are flat bits and bumpy bits. The walk to sailing distance is small and the vibe at the lake fantastic. It's just snakes and ladders , some bits good others not so good. Just enjoy Grasshoppers

Dezza
NSW, 919 posts
19 Feb 2019 6:02PM
Thumbs Up

The only thing to watch out for eckers is Wednesday nights is schnitzel night at the pub, this year they are doing "loaded" schnitzels, topped with anything you can imagine, for example nachos and avocado dip, or Mexican, Italian, Greek, you name it. In my opinion the only way to go, is still plain chicken schnitzel with mushroom sauce on the side, they will still do that if you ask. And hit the salad bar early before the green items disappear. And dont try to order a pizza on schnitzel night.

ka43
NSW, 3063 posts
19 Feb 2019 7:15PM
Thumbs Up

We had pizza night last night at the pub with Peter & Nina from the US. Night before we were told order or miss out. LG is what you make of it. Its high water level but always good fun. Yesterday was a fun arvo. Maybe next couple of days could be good. Just sail & dont worry about the numbers. LG @ LG

powersloshin
NSW, 1656 posts
19 Feb 2019 7:50PM
Thumbs Up

You can always load your schnitzels with pizza....

kato
VIC, 3347 posts
19 Feb 2019 7:54PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
powersloshin said..
You can always load your schnitzels with pizza....

YESSSS, where were you George when I was ordering

BSN101
WA, 2256 posts
20 Feb 2019 7:00PM
Thumbs Up

Calling out for a favour. Is anyone heading to LG from WA and willing to bring a speed board in a bag back for me. Prefer to slide some dollars to a worthy cause (kit) than to EGO couriers. Cheers Dave

eckas
NSW, 323 posts
23 Feb 2019 11:21AM
Thumbs Up

This morning, in an 8 knot easterly, water was 64cm beneath the bottom edge of the high water mark sign.

choco
SA, 4004 posts
23 Feb 2019 12:01PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
eckas said..
This morning, in an 8 knot easterly, water was 64cm beneath the bottom edge of the high water mark sign.

As long as you get wind don't worry about the water level but if you're that concerned form a chain gang with buckets and dump the water over the hill

Ian K
WA, 4041 posts
23 Feb 2019 10:33AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
eckas said..

That bottom edge of the high water mark doesn't look exactly horizontal.

BSN101
WA, 2256 posts
23 Feb 2019 12:12PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
BSN101 said..
Calling out for a favour. Is anyone heading to LG from WA and willing to bring a speed board in a bag back for me. Prefer to slide some dollars to a worthy cause (kit) than to EGO couriers. Cheers Dave

All sorted. Thanks to Hardie.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing   Gps and Speed talk

"Lake George 2018-9: The Thread That Had To Happen!" started by Adriano