Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

2021 Quatro Super Mini, anyone seen anything?

Created by onshoreroy > 9 months ago, 28 Nov 2020
onshoreroy
44 posts
28 Nov 2020 4:39AM
Thumbs Up

Are quatro about to to launch a new super mini? I think I am about to order an 85 but I will be gutted if they bring out a new one on the website next week.

I have done some googling can see anything

Mark _australia
WA, 22088 posts
28 Nov 2020 8:33AM
Thumbs Up

Only a vague recollection but in an interview about the new models, Keith said they had dropped it...?

philn
725 posts
28 Nov 2020 11:17AM
Thumbs Up

I thought there was too much overlap between the Cube and the Super Mini to have both in the lineup?

bigdaz
NSW, 323 posts
28 Nov 2020 5:46PM
Thumbs Up

Super Mini is no longer in the range. Although it was an awesome board, they were able to get similar results out of the new Cube but with even better down the line qualities. Go for the new Cube, I think u will be pretty happy!!!

southsea
31 posts
29 Nov 2020 12:22AM
Thumbs Up

southsea
31 posts
29 Nov 2020 12:55AM
Thumbs Up

philn
725 posts
29 Nov 2020 4:19AM
Thumbs Up

Nice looking boards. Since no mini tuttle holes on the deck they must be customs - maybe prototypes?

onshoreroy
44 posts
29 Nov 2020 8:30AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
southsea said..

I like the look of that

RuaraidhK257
70 posts
1 Dec 2020 6:34PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
onshoreroy said..
Are quatro about to to launch a new super mini? I think I am about to order an 85 but I will be gutted if they bring out a new one on the website next week.

I have done some googling can see anything

For their new lineup Goya are about to release a Super Mini-esque board, pics of which have been posted to this topic. It's a tuned up version of the beastie onshore board Braw was using in sylt. I would wait for it as it looks sick

Rob0104
89 posts
1 Dec 2020 11:30PM
Thumbs Up

If you can get a new mini 2018-19 old stock in the size you want on close out go for it. The new cube replaced the mini and old cube. If your budget stretches to a new cube get it , you won't be disappointed either way

onshoreroy
44 posts
2 Dec 2020 1:19AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Rob0104 said..
If you can get a new mini 2018-19 old stock in the size you want on close out go for it. The new cube replaced the mini and old cube. If your budget stretches to a new cube get it , you won't be disappointed either way

I am not sure about the new cube for bump and jump conditions ? I used to have the old 2017 cube and it couldn't be my only board.

Rob0104
89 posts
2 Dec 2020 6:41AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
onshoreroy said..

Rob0104 said..

I am not sure about the new cube for bump and jump conditions ? I used to have the old 2017 cube and it couldn't be my only board.

I'm having a lot of fun on both my 87 and 106 in onshore waves and bump and jump . Running them as twinser, blanking off the thruster box's and changing the centre fins for 1 cm longer K4 scorchers. 16 and 17cm respectively. Both are preforming well . They feel slippery, looser but still sail well generally making less than ideal conditions more fun. Will go back to quad setup with smaller centres when really windy or for cross off. I prefer having the thrusters in when the wind gets up as the boards feel a bit more planted and in control. I had the 2017 85 and 105 cubes, great boards although I changed the 105 to the 2018 Mini . The new Cube takes the best bits of all these boards and adds a few more pluses for good measure to make a really good do all wave board. For what it's worth I don't think there's a board out there that is truly comfortable in really nasty bump and jump conditions. A freestyle wave would be a lot of guys first choice if they mainly sail bump'n'jump , I can't comment though as I have not sailed one for maybe 10 years.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"2021 Quatro Super Mini, anyone seen anything?" started by onshoreroy